Thursday, June 7, 2007

Pensioner: Proud to have served country well

(From a reader's letter published in The Star, 7 June, 2007):

I am a 68-year-old pensioner and, like other government workers, I too will enjoy an increment in my monthly pension. I am sure that all civil servants and pensioners are very grateful to the Government for a very favourable salary revision.

While there is so much happiness among government staff, there should also be much enthusiasm and determination to carry out their responsibilities to the satisfaction of all Malaysians.

They will have to work diligently and responsibly. They will have to perform professionally, they should respect the public, and be polite to them. No more excuses.

There should be more productivity and less meetings and tea and coffee breaks.

I remember the days when I used to head an office with a staff of 10 to 20 workers. It was hard to get them to really work for their wages and when I was overly strict, petitions were sent but the petitions did not work.

Now, as I look back at my years in government service and the pension that I receive for just sitting at home, I feel proud and happy that I was a dedicated and responsible government servant.

KT,
Seremban, Negri Sembilan.

No comments:

Post a Comment